Local Organization Recognized for Exemplary Performance, Standard of Excellence
Burwell, Nebraska March 2, 2020– Keep America Beautiful®, the nation’s leading community improvement nonprofit organization, presented Keep Loup Basin Beautiful with its 2019 President’s Circle Award recognition at the Keep America Beautiful 2020 National Conference, which recently took place in Memphis, Tennessee. The President’s Circle Award recognizes exemplary performance by certified affiliates of Keep America Beautiful in creating clean, green, and beautiful communities.
In qualifying for the President’s Circle Award, Keep Loup Basin Beautiful has met standards of merit of Keep America Beautiful by conducting Continue reading →
The Recycle Trailer located in Burwell at the Loup Rivers Scenic Byway near the Plain Valley Schoolhouse located at 330 South Hwy 11 serves as a vital source for recycling paper, aluminum cans, steel cans and plastic containers for the Burwell community. The trailer is located in a convenient place for all to pull up to and empty their recyclables. The trailer is emptied every two weeks by valuable volunteers. The contents of the trailer go to Custer County Recycling to be recycled elsewhere in the United States.
There are a few guidelines to be followed in using the recycle trailer effectively. Some of them are listed here:
• No glass
• No cat food cans. They are not aluminum.
• No aluminum foil.
• No cardboard.
• Please empty plastic bags before recycling.
• Please no littering on the ground around the recycle trailer
• Please place clean and dry cardboard (corrugated and paperboard) in the semi-trailer at the same location. Collapse and stack all the cardboard boxes. No staples. No Styrofoam. No large tubes.
• Do recycle number 1 and number 2 clean plastic containers. Look for the recycle symbol on the Continue reading →