The Recycle Trailer located in Burwell at the Loup Rivers Scenic Byway near the Plain Valley Schoolhouse located at 330 South Hwy 11 serves as a vital source for recycling paper, aluminum cans, steel cans and plastic containers for the Burwell community. The trailer is located in a convenient place for all to pull up to and empty their recyclables. The trailer is emptied every two weeks by valuable volunteers. The contents of the trailer go to Custer County Recycling to be recycled elsewhere in the United States.
There are a few guidelines to be followed in using the recycle trailer effectively. Some of them are listed here:
• No glass
• No cat food cans. They are not aluminum.
• No aluminum foil.
• No cardboard.
• Please empty plastic bags before recycling.
• Please no littering on the ground around the recycle trailer
• Please place clean and dry cardboard (corrugated and paperboard) in the semi-trailer at the same location. Collapse and stack all the cardboard boxes. No staples. No Styrofoam. No large tubes.
• Do recycle number 1 and number 2 clean plastic containers. Look for the recycle symbol on the bottom of the container.
• Do step inside the porch of the school house and help yourself to a Keep Loup Basin Beautiful Recycle Guide.
• Do stop in and visit with Janet for additional information and recycling opportunities.
Thanks for recycling and Keeping the Loup Basin Beautiful.
Keep Loup Basin Beautiful (KLBB) is grant-funded through the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality (NDEQ) and Keep America Beautiful; and is a project of the Loup Basin RC&D Council that promotes litter prevention, waste reduction, recycling, and beautification. KLBB serves thirteen counties in central and north-central Nebraska. For more information about KLBB’s education programs, email KLBB at [email protected], visit www.keeploupbasinbeautiful.org, or like them on Facebook. Contact the Loup Basin RC&D office (308)-346-3393 or stop by the office at the Loup Rivers Scenic Byway Interpretive Center, 330 South Highway 11 Burwell, Nebraska